Switch not functioning, dimmer indicators and WiFi lights blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-06 05:03:05
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just installed two of the three HS220 dimmer switches I bought, and for some reason the last switch I have to install is not working and I haven't seen any of the same symptoms in the forums. The switch is not operational at all and the light level and the WiFi indicators are flickering on and off. I have a line in, load out, and neutral. Has anyone else had this issue or do I just have a faulty switch?

fyi: I just reinstalled the existing dimmer switch for now and it works without issue.

TIA!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Switch not functioning, dimmer indicators and WiFi lights blinking
2020-07-06 17:57:07

@Ryantm 

Does the existing switch have 2 wires or 3 wires?

Options
2020-07-06 18:06:25

@B.Will The existing dimmer switch only uses two of the three wires (no neutral). There are three wires in the box though (including the neutral).

Options
2020-08-22 17:38:53

@Ryantm Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

Options
2020-08-23 21:31:54

@SantyNet sorry I forgot to update this. In short, after running through troubleshooting with tp-link chat, I ended up having to contact the Amazon seller and exchanging the entire three pack. It was a faulty switch which tp-link was convinced it wasn't, even though I explained that I ran through all the same troubleshooting procedures prior to chatting with them. They still made me go through it again and determined the switch was faulty🙄. Hope this helps!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1770

Replies: 4