TP-Link Archer C4000 v3.6 shows only four devices for wired connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-08 19:33:37
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901

I just got the new TP Link Archer 4000 and installed it. I see a strange problem. For what ever reason, I see only four devices under "Wired Clients". I have more than 4. 

Granted, the router has only four physical ports but I have connected a ESX server to one of the ports and configured Static IPs for my VMs. It is showing couple of VM IPs and ignored the rest of the VMs.  I am not seeing the ESX host IP (which should be first one to comeup before the VMs) either. 

How do I see all the wired clients IPs? 

I tried to upgrade the firmware but it seems it already came up with latest. I tried rebooting the router, unplug router and wait for an hour before I plug it in. 

Does anyone have similar issue? 

Thanks,

Primatic

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C4000 v3.6 shows only four devices for wired connections
2020-07-08 22:24:59

@primatic 

It is probably due to devices set up for a static IP on the device itself, if possible change your static to DHCP to verify if they now come up.

If that is the case, try to set up address reservations in the TP-Link router.

Options
2020-07-09 17:26:06

@primatic 

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the IP is static. I can't change the VM settings to DHCP. I can deploy more VMs and see if that shows up. But is there any way I can see what IPs are being used and what is the traffic? I can't see those stats if the IP is not shown in my router. 

Thanks,

Primatic 

Options
2020-07-09 17:34:38

@Tony 

Update to my earlier post. 

I powered on a VM that had static IP configured. Now the number of wired conenctions went from 4 to 7 (including the new VM). So it added the new VM and also able to pull up two more IPs. But still not showing the entire wired connections. This is very flacky.

Thanks,

Primatic

Options