Can I use OpenVPN server on Archer C1200 behind another router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-10 15:57:49 - last edited 2020-07-10 16:03:45
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.6

I assume that when I generate the OpenVPN certificate on my TP-Link router it includes the external IP address of my internet connection so VPN clients using the cetificate can connect to it.

If I were to put the TP-Link router in AP mode behind another external router and set up port forwarding on the external router, would the TP-Link router be able to generate the OpenVPN certificate with the external IP of the other router? Or can it only use its own IP for the certificate, which in this case would be its IP on the internal LAN?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use OpenVPN server on Archer C1200 behind another router?
2020-07-10 22:47:44

@infinitebacon 

What you could probably try to do is to configure port forwarding for the C1200 on the main router, then enable DDNS if the main router supports it. Export the OpenVPN cert from the TP-Link and modify the IP it points to with the DDNS name of the main router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 1