Printer constantly losing connection on Deco mesh wifi system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-11 16:57:19
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200513 Rel 52023

I installed a Deco wifi mesh system in my home a few months ago and am having constant problems connecting with the printer in my home.  One day, all my devices (laptop, ipads, desktop) will see the printer.  The next, it's gone and can't be located.  If I restart the printer, that seems to help, but I shouldn't have to do that regularly.  Any suggestions?  Operating on a Mac OS 10.5 and various other devices.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:Printer constantly losing connection on Deco mesh wifi system
2020-07-13 20:37:28

@Tagggart 

Does your printer have an Ethernet option? To see if the issue may be it working with the Deco have 2.4G and 5G the same name. 

What you can also try or test is to disable the 5G to see if the printer then stays connected.

If you enable the guest network I do not believe there is an option to allow the guest to talk to the main?

Options
2021-02-27 16:07:09

@Tagggart 

same problem tech advised me to change to wpa3 personal but now all devices having issues wow

Options
2021-02-27 18:11:22

@Jeromiks I figured out my problem.  Maybe this will help you.  My xfinity router was putting out a wireless signal.  It had the same name as my mesh network.  So, my printer was connecting with the xfinity router, but my computer/devices were connecting with my mesh network.  The firewall between them blocked any printer connection.  I changed the name of my xfinity router so I would know to avoid connecting anything to it.  Solved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1854

Replies: 3