Archer C2300 V1 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2300 V1 Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C2300 V1 Issues
Archer C2300 V1 Issues
2020-07-14 22:19:10
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.3

Im having serious issues with my router. I have it put on access point mode and everything else pretty much disabled....static ip no auto dhcp....auto dhcp is dumb. but this thing seems to lock up crash or softlock or whatever you wanna call it daily and only a reboot will fix it not a soft reboot either a hard unplug.... when the unit crashes. access to my lan is not there or its extremely thin pipe and barely anything can get through. ill be lucky if a dhcp request gets through it does sometimes. and when this happens the interface is still accessible but seems to be less repsonsive very slow. I also noticed in the time dialog settings if i set it to manual give it the time and reboot the settings are saved but not the time I put in......I feel like this is buggy software tp-link.....I need this bugged firmware fixed asap.......this thing really crashes non stop if I put my wifi security cameras on it....and there not nothing crazy hardcore its a "v380" cheap china wifi camera tied to zoneminder.... ive also read alot of other people on google and this forum having issues with this exact router. I dont know if there the same bugs or what... all i know is this firmware has to go back to the drawing board..... you guys ovbiously arent perfectionists. and I dont have too many wifi devices. maybe 10-15 in total....... I have seen cheaper routers perform better. hell a raspberry pi and a external wifi dongle work better than this......

Options
11 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 V1 Issues
2020-07-15 00:56:58

my log also fills up crazy fast 31 pages now and was just rebooted a few hours ago....talks about recieving dhcp ack from my dhcp server for the same ip over and over and over again.. weirdly enough that ip isnt for any devices on my network I cant find it... does this have something to do with that god awfull auto dhcp?

Options
2020-07-15 01:12:44

and I noticed my interface is different from other c2300 v1s... why is that?.... is it because im in access point mode? like half my options arent there compared to other interface screenshots.

Options
2020-07-15 17:38:26

@devlin016 

Running the router in AP mode will not have the same menu as router mode.

If it keeps locking factory default the device, and upload the latest firmware even if it already has it.

Run the C2300 in router mode as well to see if the issue still happens.

If no matter what model you use, defaulting, uploading the latest firmware, getting a hold of our support would be the next step. The router may be bad as it should not be acting the way you describe.

Options
2020-07-15 22:07:52

@Tony thankyou for the reply tony, I will try your instructions. should I use router mode and try to disable nat and dhcp and all that?

Options
2020-07-16 03:33:33

the even weirder thing is this router is connected to a 120v relay connected to a raspberry pi it gets reboots everyday at 4am....cuts the power for 60 secs and then restores it......I like having all my radios hooked to a power relay. this has worked great for every radio for years.

Options
2020-07-16 03:43:28

and then all this is tied to a ups so i really dont suspect some kind of dirty power damage.

Options
2020-07-16 05:13:07

so I did a restore default settings or whatever from the interface and I thought the router restored settings and rebooted but now its like a brick. it acts very strange now the unit is not in an easy accessible location so i dont know what the lights look like but i can see it broadcasts all of its defualt ssids the 2.4ghz one the 5ghz one and the guest... but when i try to connect to one it doesnt give me a ip lease so if i set it to a static ip of 192.168.0.100 luckily the old network profile was saved in my linux machine from setting up this router when i purchased it about 1 year ago when i set the static im able to ping the router maybe a few times if im lucky 192.168.0.1 and then the ssids disapear and i think the router reboots again or restarts its radios not sure... but this seems to be some sort of cycle ...i will try using the physical reset button soon......this in all is crazy what happened whys it acting like this. i feel like mine should be sent back just for disection and make sure this doesnt happen to other people......i know alot of people in the wisp industry and things like that consider tp link inadiqute to say the least... and i can see there point now....i should of never paid the price i did for this thing at the store that was a bad move for me......i feel like is most likely software problems too not hardware this router should be good. and dont tell me these are not made for what im doing... yes they are i just use them as access points there should be nothing else going on.

Options
2020-07-16 19:48:04

so when I accesed the router today all the lights that were on it were off besides the wan light it was orange and it was flickering not flashing flickering like its not a programmed action. I did a 30-30-30 reset and now it just keeps rebooting and cycle...all the lights light up all the radios the wan lights up turns orange then reboots... this thing is now fualty and is in worse condition then when this post started.. I cant configure it now...... I never had these kind of problems with routers recommended by the openwrt team.........if you guys dont want to make better firmware atleast make them where the firmware replacement can be easily developed and installed.

Options
2020-07-16 20:05:33 - last edited 2020-07-16 23:13:39

what a bad investment this was for me.... I have other 10 year old + routers still running perfect... like my netgear WNR3500 v2 running tomato firmware....pretty much legacy now but I use it as backup wifi...it has a scheduled script that checks for my ssid and if it doesnt find it or cant ping my main access point it will turn on it own radios......you know in my field any projects I do got to atleast 10 years........ not 1 year TP-Link... and im not contacting support because its just going to be a wasite of my time and whats going to happen im going to be told to buy a replacement. probly from them... thats never happening again.......atleast this happened to me personally and not a contract job I did... that would make me look so bad. specially if it was for something mission critical..... like a radio enabled haltor monitor that reports back to the hospital for the client.. what if I installed this POS for him and then all the sudden the hospital didnt get a report that he was having a heart attack..... the blame would get put on me but in relatitity it be this companies fualt.....definatly are buggy programmers and i feel like theres no quality control of your products....cheapo china custom openwrt routers run better than this.. and there programming is REALLY buggy

Options
2020-07-17 23:25:42

if you guys didnt know tp-link the internet is a utility now so this is just completly unacceptable there is no user error here.

Options