Parental control keep losing devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 02:58:10
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm having this strange issue with parental control: the profile for one of my kids keeps losing track of all devices registered under that profile.  Every time I open this profile, it reports with 0 device.  However, for the other kid's profile, everything is fine, with no missing devices issue.  Wondering if anyone else ever encountered similar problem.

Options
12 Reply
Re:Parental control keep losing devices
2020-07-15 18:33:13

@Calmodulin 

Have you tried creating a new profile and adding those devices to it?

Does anyone else have access to the Deco app? 

Options
2020-07-16 04:16:36

@Tony 

I've tried making new profiles and adding the devices, also tried deleting and creating new profiles, and renaming profiles, all to no avail.  All the time, the profile for the other kid works perfectly fine...

My wife also has access to the parental control, but she rarely uses it.

Options
2020-08-25 13:48:09

@Calmodulin I am having the same issue and this is the ONLY thing I have found on any forum about someone else having the same issue. I was beginning to suspect that my kid had figured out how to change it but I lockedit down so I have a single device that can make changes and it STILL happens. 

Options
2020-08-25 21:18:07

@Calmodulin 

@c_bednar 

What is the firmware version and build you guys are using?

Options
2020-08-25 21:36:15

@Tony I am on 2.0.3 Build 20180611 Rel. 77668.  Running on an Archer C2300 Hardware v1.0.

Options
2020-08-26 20:36:59

@c_bednar 

There was recent firmware for the Deco M9 released, but in your case, since the last release was back in 2018 I would recommend reaching out to our support team: 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#LiveChat-Support

Options
2020-09-02 12:52:40

@Calmodulin Profiles from one set of devices seems to vanish overnight - all others stay the same.

Only one access to the admin appl.

Once recreated and assigned the profile works, but overnight again disappears.

Troubling

Options
2020-09-11 13:00:32

@Tony 

I'm using Deco M9 plus, running firmware version 2.1.2.

I've tried multiple new profiles for parental control, and they all start losing devices over time.  Please address this issue, otherwise the parental function is basically useless!

Options
2020-10-05 05:30:01

@Calmodulin 

Did you ever solve this problem?

I was having the exact same thing when I turned off the kids ps4 WiFi  but next day it would disappear from the parental control list

I left the app running when I went to bed and next morning it gave me a warning that only one person can remotely manage the network 

I suspect the little git has the app and password on his phone.....password change time lol

Options
2021-01-22 08:13:08

@Calmodulin 

Did anyone find a solution. Same issue Deco M9 plus. one device in particular every time Nintendo Switch. But have had others too.

Tried different profile, delete profile, reboot. Must be an issue not resolved by TP link yet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2322

Replies: 12