My TL-WR841N V9 router converted to extender show connect but (no internet access) ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My TL-WR841N V9 router converted to extender show connect but (no internet access) ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 18:40:58 - last edited 2020-07-17 06:37:57
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version:

Hello Everyone,

I am currently new here and was informed by my colleage that converting old router into wifi extender is possible and it works.

After his guidance and steps i was able to setup my router into wifi extender and even give them new IP address.

But after and hour or so, my wifi icon on computer showed (exclamation mark !) and says connected by no internet access, why is that so ??

And my second query is i was not able to open router control screen using 192.xxx.xxx.xxx address in my browser not even with a ethernet connection, can you please explain?

I would really apperciate if any of the smart people can help in this because i want to extend the signals to my room which is far from the base point.

Further i would like to add that my base route is not TP-LINK but of other company.

Looking forwrd for your support.

Thank You.

below screenshot taken fom my phone.

1. It shows connected but (no internet access), why?

2. The following IP address is not the one which was set-up from my end during configuration, why?

Options
3 Reply
Re:My TL-WR841N V9 router converted to extender show connect but (no internet access) ??
2020-07-16 18:12:23

@W.D. 

Here is an article that walks you through configuring the device. Look at it and compare it to how you configured it to see if anything was done different: 

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/440/

The difference in IPs seems like the DHCP server may still be running in the 841N.

Options
Re:My TL-WR841N V9 router converted to extender show connect but (no internet access) ??
2020-07-17 06:35:02 - last edited 2020-07-18 05:28:46

@Tony Hello,

Thanks for the reply and I have used the guidance exactly as per your shared link.

But as advise in the link have already disabled the DHCP but all fails after few hours (and conitnue to show no internet access), is this issue related to firmware or (if) there is some other method to be followed for my particular case.

Please assist I am desperate need of some techincal support.

Thank You.

Regards,
W.D.

Options
2020-07-17 21:37:33

@W.D. 

I would recommend reaching out to your local support team here: support.pk@tp-link.com

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1507

Replies: 3

Related Articles