Setting up whole home/property network issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 19:30:18
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I just bought the AX10 because I want to set up a Wifi 6 mesh system for my property, but then I realized I should have done more research as I can not find any outdoor antennas or repeaters with detarchable antennas offered in that product system line.

I want to run mesh wifi across my entire house, the garden in my front lawn, and a garage about 400 feet away. The house/garge have thick stone siding making transmission difficult. I have been using a yagi antenna mounted at the garage pointing back at the house in my current setup. There is AC power at all of these locations but I only have ethernet cables at the house.

I found the EAP series that has outdoor and detachable antenna solutions but they do not look like they are compatible AX10, nor are they wifi 6, even though to my understanding wifi 6 launched almost a year ago. They also appear to only work as access points requiring an ethernet connection?

Can someone give me some advice how to set up a mesh network on my property with strong coverage both in my home, outside at my garden, and 400ft away in my garage? Speed is less important; 5-50Mbps would work just fine.

Should I prepare to pack up and return the AX10?

Thanks,

Joe

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up whole home/property network issues
2020-07-16 18:30:03 - last edited 2020-07-16 18:31:11

@jrwinn47 

There is not a mesh system that incorporates indoor and outdoor as one whole network.

What you could do is have your router (either AX10 or something else), then outside have another mesh network consisting of EAP225 outdoor units. You might just need one unit (no mesh), but maybe two depending on the obstructions around your yard.

Here is a FAQ about the EAP and mesh: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2283/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 1