AX3000 - Slow wireless speeds when compared to ISP modem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-16 17:35:07
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200426 rel.69563(5553)

My Archer AX3000 model router has suddenly had a massive drop in wifi speed.

My IPS supplies 80Mbs, and connecting to my ISP's modem I get the full 80Mbs download speed. I then check my ax3000 router through the admin interface and running a speed test from there also returns the full 80Mbs download speed.

However, when I check the speed on any of my devices connected to the router, the speed on both the 2.4 and 5G connections hovers at around 5Mbs.

I scanned through the forums here and found some people found success by uninstalling the Thether app from their phones and factory reseting their router. I have tried this twice and it has not changed anything.

Being right next to the router doesn't improve it either, so walls/obstacles don't seem to be the problem either.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX3000 - Slow wireless speeds when compared to ISP modem.
2020-07-20 16:21:08

@JoePena26 

Connect a computer directly to the router, make sure the Wi-Fi is off, and test the speed. If the speed is still slow, factory default the router by holding the rest for 15 seconds while it is on, then test after.

If the speed is fine, try modifying the wireless channel and channel width for both the 2.4G and 5G. If you have any range extender power those down then test again. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2600

Replies: 1