Network security type

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network security type

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Network security type
Network security type
2020-07-17 12:51:08
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 20190823 Rel. 48803

My iPhone is telling me my WiFi security is weak in the details setting of my WiFi network. I have the w2400 mesh system. It seems to run off a wpa2 tkip signal and I need to change it to Wpa2 AES or WPA 3. I logged into the deco app and it doesn’t seem to show an option to change security type. This is concerning as network providers can track my traffic on the current signal security type.

I also took the time to log into the gateway online through the systems IP address and there are also no options to change the security type. 

I run my deco through a netgear router that also has a built in modem that I have disabled the WiFi on. 

Any insight or help would be great. 

Cheers

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network security type
2021-01-17 01:23:16

@Jm0609 Did you figure out how to resolve this issue? thank!

Jm0609 wrote

My iPhone is telling me my WiFi security is weak in the details setting of my WiFi network. I have the w2400 mesh system. It seems to run off a wpa2 tkip signal and I need to change it to Wpa2 AES or WPA 3. I logged into the deco app and it doesn’t seem to show an option to change security type. This is concerning as network providers can track my traffic on the current signal security type.

I also took the time to log into the gateway online through the systems IP address and there are also no options to change the security type. 

I run my deco through a netgear router that also has a built in modem that I have disabled the WiFi on. 

Any insight or help would be great. 

Cheers

Options