How to block network scanners.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-18 23:20:46
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

I purchased two AX1500 routers. One is the router an the other is an AP. Any phone app can scan my whole wifi network. I tried turning off the respond to pings setting and set up the AP isolation. It still scans my whole network.

I assumed it was responding to pings. How do I turn this off?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to block network scanners.
2020-07-21 17:58:44

@Mikekk 

Enabling AP Isolation places each client device on their own virtual network to they would not be able to communicate. 

Do an actual test to see if what the network scanners say is true so you are not getting a false positive.

Have two computers on the same LAN with AP isolation off. Try to ping each other, and access files of one another, maybe use network sharing. Once you found you can talk to the other computer, enable AP isolation, see if you can still access files or ping each other. If so, disconnect, then reconnect back to the network and test again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 1

Related Articles