Address Reservation Limit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-19 22:12:03
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My router is actually an Archer C3150 v2 with Firmware Version:3.0.0 0.9.1 v005f.0 Build 170926 Rel.63400n 

I tried to add our regular devices to the "Address Reservation" table. Among other things, it allows me to give the devices an easy to identify name (many show up as 'Unknown' and other cryptic names). However, after I added 32 devices I am getting a popup telling me "Error code: 9812 The number of entries has reached its limit". Is TP-Link really limiting the entries for Address Reservation to 32? That would be darn silly. If so, how can I overcome this limitation? Maybe switch to another brand? I also have a Netgear ProSafe GS750E switch. Maybe this switch allows handing out IP addresses. I also have another PoE switch connected to the Archer so maybe that will cause issues?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Address Reservation Limit
2020-07-20 16:14:40

@malada 

Search for your SUBJECT. There are a few threads like this. TP-Link monitors have replied it is the case, 32 max.

However, check this thread out, https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/168386

At least one router has 64 as the number, and the 'solution' for you (that probably isn't perfect as you can't name the device). You still have to deal with the max. devices you can connect to an SSID as well.

Options
2020-07-20 16:40:18

@IrvSp Thank you for your reply. I am not sure why you are saying that I can't name my device. I provided the exact model, revision and firmware... The fact that TP-Link doesn't list my router isn't my problem unless I somehow got to the wrong forum. If so, please let me know where I should post.

I used static IPs before but it's inconvenient. I rather manage everything through the router. Apparently I would have to downgrade my router in order to get more than 32 reserved IPs. I need to look for other alternatives. If you or anybody else knows a better brand or solution I am all ears...

Options
2020-07-20 17:29:23

malada wrote

@IrvSp Thank you for your reply. I am not sure why you are saying that I can't name my device.

@malada 

That was using a fixed address on a device... when it shows up in the IP Address list the device name might not be there or what you want. Under the Reservation list you can name it as you wish.

As far as I know, most residentail routers have the 32 device limiit. I know Netgear does as well. This 'limit' seems not to be specified in many places? Even on the 3rd party firmware if available. However, 'professional' equipment probably has more reservations.

Options