M4 not as fast as virgin media router....

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-25 19:10:35
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently got the deco m4 triple set. 

I upgraded from 350mb to 500mb internet speeds the other day and had to reset a lot of stuff in the process. 

when I plug a laptop into the virgin router via Ethernet I'm getting the 500mb speed. 
but on the m4 I'm getting 250ish (with the old router in modem mode) 

Ive got a switch plugged into the m4 main hub/router with a number of Ethernet devices and they are also only getting maybe 200mb download speeds (download speeds before upgrading we're hitting 35\40MB so pretty much full speed )

am I missing a setting in the deco that is restricting the speed somehow? 
Im tempted to turn the virgin router back on and use AP!! (Which will be a faff to change over IP addresses of some media set up bits. !)

(I've checked and all cables seem to be cat 6!)

any help appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:M4 not as fast as virgin media router....
2020-07-27 17:59:47

@Thefury2000 

The 35/40 Mbps may be an end result of the speed you get due to the environment. However, focus on the main Deco unit, unplug all the satellite units, and see how that performs. If the main unit is giving reduced speeds check the QoS settings, mainly to see that the internet speed is set to what you are paying for. Disable any device that has been set for high priority. 

When testing speeds, use different devices to make sure performance is consistent, and not just one device is the variable of being slow. 

Making sure the Deco has the latest firmware would also be worth checking in the Deco app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 898

Replies: 1

Related Articles