Freshness of the device lists

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-26 13:30:32
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

My experience with Deco is about a month and I thought it works very well as far as the reliability and performance go.

The Deco iPhone app displays lists of connected devices as well as the offline ones (when you click the expansion symbol). My question is how fast are the lists updated? I don't think it is instant, i.e. when you turn off or disconnect a device, it's moved into the offline list and when you turn on a device, it show up in the list when the list is already displayed. If this is correct, how fast does the list refresh, secods, minutes, or maybe only if you close and relaunch the app?

I am tracking down a device that I don't know the device name Deco would use nor the IP and I don't even know for sure it is connected to the network since it is a rather old technology. In Deco app, I can see a few UNKNOWN's and some names that I can't identify. I was hoping, by turning it off, I can see the changes in the lists to confirm this device, However, I don's see any obvious changes in both the connected and offline device lists which is why I post this question hoping some of the more experienced Deco users can help. Thanks in advance !

Options
2 Reply
Re:Freshness of the device lists
2020-07-27 20:30:48

@BenLin 

When you refresh the app it should reflect the updated status at that time.

What I tend to do is note the MAC addresses of my devices by going into their device settings, and match that up as networking devices sometimes don't tell me what they are.

Options
Re:Freshness of the device lists
2020-07-29 00:59:28

@Tony Thanks for the response. After a few failed attempts, I've finally resolved this mystery. Here is what happened:

1) This old IP camera sets default IP address to 192.168.0.xxx while Deco uses 192.168.68.xxx. When I connect the camera to an ethernet port, I also appears to be online with the light blinking.

2) I couldn't figure out the IP or MAC address by looking through the Deco device lists. Unplugging and plugging it back and forth do not reveal any new online or offline device which is why I asked the question.

3) After researching and googling for a week, I finally found out the default IP address as well as an EXE file that would allow me to perform the network configuration. I was able to set it to a 192.168.68.xxx address and voila, the Deco list is working as expected to reveal the device name and Mac address.

So, no complaints to the Deco that seems to be doing as expected. I even like the new IP address prefix which would be more secured to me. I am happy everything is working now and both my issue and questions have been answered. Thanks and everyone stays safe and healthy!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 2