IFTTT Integration broken?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-26 20:15:54
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

All IFTTT intergration has stopped working. The error message says 'router does not belong to user'. Is anyone else seeing this error?

Options
8 Reply
Re:IFTTT Integration broken?
2020-07-27 21:39:28

@Disforw 

IFTTT may no longer work with SOHO routers, only smart home devices.

Which may be why you could be seeing that.

Options
2020-08-03 02:10:51

@Tony 

Why exactly is this the case? I bought tp-link router specifically for ifttt integration and now all my recipes are broken without any explanation. 

Options
2020-08-03 15:36:41

Same here, the IFTTT support was a big factor for me when purchasing. I asked if it was permanant and someone responded YES, but now that reply has been deleted for some unknown reason.

Options
2020-08-03 21:26:58

@Disforw 

Here is your original thread which was at our global forum with the explanation, no post was deleted: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/219278

@Banner 
IFTTT was discontinued in favor of utilizing the connection alerts in Tether instead: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2913/

Options
2020-08-04 13:13:57

@Tony 

Some questions about the disconnection with IFTTT.

Is it possible to send an URL from Tether when a WIFI connection is made / broken? In the Deco app it's only possible to get a notification or send an e-mail.

And if Tether is able to do this, do I need to pay for that?

Options
2020-08-04 21:51:55

@WernerK 

The Tether app is able to send notification via push notification or email like the Deco app. The Tether app can not send a URL.

Options
2020-08-05 01:20:08

Don't really understand the decision to replace a powerful service like ifttt with something so limited. How is the tether app going to help me automate certain tasks based on who connected or not? Such ridiculous and disappointing decision from tp-link. 

Options
2020-08-05 02:04:56

@Tony my apologies, I didn't realize I posted on two different places.

I am also very put off by this decision to drop IFTTT integration from my device. I'm not sure if there was any software upkeep that was required because there are no longer firmware updates for this model. This device was not a cheap investment and I'd like some sort of explanation as to why this decision was made. 

I bought this device because it was able to turn on and off my presence in Smartthings using IFTTT. Now I'll need to replace my router, and seeing how TP-Link will just drop features without explanation, I will not buy another.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1032

Replies: 8

Related Articles