x20 disconnects from WAN repeatedly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-28 19:41:16
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20200709 Rel. 49821

I have a 3-node Deco x20 mesh network connected to my wireless, radio-based ISP WAN.  Several times each day (sometimes hourly), the x20 will "lose" connection to the ISP and show a red-light.  After about 3-4 minutes, it will reconnect automatically.  If I manually reboot or power cycle the device, it will reconnect.  There are no specific errors listed in the system logs. 

What is causing this?  I have faithfully checked for and installed available firmware updates every day since I've owned it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:x20 disconnects from WAN repeatedly
2020-07-29 19:54:56

@softwaregeek12 

Try and swap out the Ethernet cable being used, even if it was the one that came with the X20. If you happen to have a computer that can be wired, connect that directly to the ISP device to see if the drops continue to happen or not. You could also swap the Deco unit with one of the other satellite units to see if the issue stays or goes away.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 1