Device IP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Device IP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Device IP addresses
Device IP addresses
2020-07-29 14:29:25
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Couple of questions:

1. Where can I see the IP addresses of devices connected to my X20 system?  From the Deco app (iPhone) I see the list of devices by name, but no addresses.  From the Home page, if I select More -> Advanced, I just see a few options like Fast Roaming, Beam Forming, LED Control, etc. - nothing about IPs or Address Reservation like I've seen in screenshots posted in this forum.  Where is it?

2. My base unit X20 is plugged into a router.  Mesh is in AP mode.  I log into the base unit via my brower using its IP.  But I just get a tab labelled "Opening" and spinning icon -- nothing else.  

3. Like many others, the Deco app frequently shows nodes as being disconnected, even though their status LEDs are greeen.  Refreshing does nothing.  So are these nodes functioning or are their nearby devices forced to (trying to) connect via the base unit?  How could I tell?

4. Like many others, nodes occassionally go from green to blinking red, then back to green after 10's of minutes.  Might not happen for days, might happen a couple times per day.  Nodes are wirelessly connected but NOT at the limits of wifi signal.

This Deco system feels like its still a work in progress and is very fragile.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Device IP addresses
2020-07-29 21:21:45 - last edited 2020-07-29 21:22:24

@jonnies 

1. Try tapping on the device in the device list, then the gear icon on the top right. If nothing shows it, it is likely because it is in AP Mode. In that case, you need to log into the main router to find the IP of the connected devices.

2. Use a different browser or device. For example, use your phone's browser to see if something on the computer may be hanging it up.

3. Firmware 1.2.5 200709 was released to resolve the issue. Go into your Deco app and make sure it is updated. If it is running that version and you still experience the issue please follow up with our support team.

4. The red LED usually pertains to the device itself not getting an IP address. If just the satellite nod is turning red move it closer to the main router or another node, and reboot it. 

Options
2020-07-30 01:55:38

@Tony 

Thanks, that answered some questions, but still have problems.

I updated the firmware via the Deco app.  It still shows both satellites Disconnected, even though both are Green.

Regarding nodes losing connection: My nodes are arranged such that one satellite is only about 25 ft from the base unit, with only 1 hollow interior wall between them.  The second satellite is about 9 feet directly above the other satellite.  Not an ideal arrangement but necessary due to cable modem location.  This would seem to be well within the wifi range of all nodes, yet the satellites occassionly go red.  

Options
2020-07-30 18:05:06

@jonnies 

After a "successful" update, one node still showed as disconnected even though its status was green.

The app reported that nodes needed updating.

I figured that maybe since the app didn't recognize one of the nodes, that node never got updated (???).

I power cycled it, got a green light, but the app still shows an update is needed.  Did the update again.

Now the app reports that node as Connected.

Let's hope this holds.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 928

Replies: 3

Related Articles