Where to get softloader for TL-PA4010(UK) V3?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-29 20:09:34
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Does anyone have a softloader for flashing the NVM/PIB files via plc utils? I've tried so many ways to get the firmware updated on my (now bricked) adapters, the TP-Link Utility bricked them and I've tried other tools and recovery software and none of it works. I can get the adapters to boot with a firmware and the original PIB, but none of the utility programs will upgrade after that and plc utils cannot get the files flashed (No NVM Softloader Present in Flash Memory (0x71): Device refused request).

Please can someone help me?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Where to get softloader for TL-PA4010(UK) V3?
2020-07-30 15:07:22

@typhoon_2099 

The TL-PA4010 v3 does not have any firmware available meaning the firmware it has when it is shipped is what is only available. 

If you tried uploading firmware for a different hardware version that will brick the device. The same applies to routers or any other device. Our firmware is specific to the region and hardware version.

I would recommend reaching out to your local support team here: link

Options
2020-07-30 15:13:47

@Tony I downloaded a newer firmware from this forum post, in it they explain that the firmware should work for any powerline adapter that uses the QCA7420 chip, such as the TL-PA4010. Is this not correct? What chip is inside the TL-PA4010 V3 if it is not the QCA7420?

Options
2020-07-30 15:37:01

@Tony Actually, that firmware does work on the UK V3 adapters, I can boot into it using plcboot and my original PIB (downloaded using plctool). The issue I have is that the TP-Link Utility not only failed up agrade the firmware on the adapter, but it deleted the softloader on the device, meaning I can no longed save the firmware/PIB to the onboard flash. The fix for that is to provide a softloader to plcboot, but I cannot find any reference to sunch a file on the internet (I have been searching for days). From my research I have found that this is something used to flash empty QAC7420 chips, so someone must have a copy that I can get to fix my adapter and avoid a presumably slow RMA.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1362

Replies: 3