Deco SQM in the future to address bufferbloat

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-30 03:42:08
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V2_200324

Do you plan to implement proper SQM in the future such as Cake or fq_codel to help address traffic between mesh nodes as well as bufferbloat on the WAN port? I would be happy to beta test any firmware as well to assist.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco SQM in the future to address bufferbloat
2020-10-31 10:14:29 - last edited 2020-10-31 10:17:14

Hi TP Link,

I'd also like to know this too. I've upgraded to Deco X60 from the M5 as I find the kit very reliable, but this is a bit wish list item that could perfect and differentiate Deco's QoS. I have occasional issues with work from home video calls and gaming latency when others are downloading.

Given you seem switched on to making a great product, implementing this would be fantastic in market. Only the eero and some smaller niche brands have this, or in my case, needing to rely on an EdgeRouter X. I've found the built in Deco QoS not quite up to scratch for buffer bloat compared to how seamless SQM can be.

Could it come to Deco?

Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 2715

Replies: 1