wirless router Archer c9 and vpn router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 18:37:01
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1

Dear team,

We have wirless router Archer c9 version 1 router. It doesnot have vpn server option means this router cannot act as vpn server. So we were using a windows 2008 with pptp setup. And allowed port forward pptp port to windows. 

To get rid of os and phsyical machine I would like to use TPlink router for pptp instead of windows. Please suggest which vpn router should i buy to bear the load of 20 user and i would like to have archer c9 as my main router connecting to isp. Please guide how to setup this. Do i have to add static route or port forwawrd from main c9 router to tplink vpn server router. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:wirless router Archer c9 and vpn router
2020-07-31 20:12:28

@zshan 

We have several VPN routers that can handle various PPTP connections:

TL-ER6120, 50 PPTP connections

TL-ER6020, 16 PPTP connections

TL-R600VPN, 16 PPTP connections

The availability of the product depends on the region you are located so I would contact your local support team to see if the device desired is available: link

Options
2020-08-12 09:01:06

Thanks. 

i found out that  Archer c9 version 1 router(we have this one) doesnot have vpn option but  Archer c9 version 5 does have vpn. Wanted to ask if this is perfect for small scale business to providee connectivity for pptp. I have found out in my region archer c9 version 5 is avaiable. 

Options
2020-08-13 19:58:33

@zshan 

The C9 would not be able to accept 20 users at the same time. I believe the VPN server has a limitation of up to 8 or 10 users concurrently.

Options
2020-08-14 09:38:42

@Tony 

Thanks for sharing very useful information. Can you please share the Device information which accept more vpn connection at the same time. I wonder in my regioin if that device is avaiable. 

Options
2020-08-14 21:40:13

@zshan 

Here is the device I believe will be what you are looking for: link

Here is your local support team if you would like to follow up with them for additional questions: link

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1100

Replies: 5

Related Articles