Adding two M9 plus units to a three unit M5 system in a large house. How much improvement?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Adding two M9 plus units to a three unit M5 system in a large house. How much improvement?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-02 21:27:00
Model: AC50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just installed a 3 unit M5 mesh system to my house.  Would adding two M9 pluses for the core of the system help it significantly?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adding two M9 plus units to a three unit M5 system in a large house. How much improvement?
2020-08-03 18:39:06

@DaveC123 

The Deco M9 two-pack, can give up to 4500 sq. ft. and the Deco M5 can give up to 3800 sq. ft. The M9 does have the wireless backhaul, but it would only be between the M9 nodes, not the M5s. 

You could put the M9 as the main router, to take advantage of the Zigbee antenna? https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2494/

I would probably go for the two M5s.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1