Power to Switch but won’t turn on light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-06 19:23:16
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm pretty new to electrical but I'm pretty sure I wired this correctly. The box has a bunch of wires stuffed in. I have 3 WHITE wire that were screwed together, 2 BLACK wires pigtailed, 1 Red Wire and 1 Green (Ground). 

I connected everything as shown in the picture and the light won't turn on. There is power to the switch as it is all set up and connected to Wi-Fi. It switch clicks for on and off but the light never turns on. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Power to Switch but won’t turn on light
2020-08-06 23:08:12

@Damang6388 

Usually, the red wire means the outlet is a three-way switch or the light that the outlet controls is also controlled by another switch. If that is the case, then you would need the HS210 as that is designed for three-way switches.

if that is the only outlet that controls the light you may need to get a trained person to see what may be going on there.

Options
Re:Power to Switch but won’t turn on light
2020-08-07 01:49:43

@Damang6388 Good luck getting that switch into the box.. it looks pretty full in there!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3471

Replies: 2

Related Articles