Deco M9 much slower wifi than turbo hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-07 12:02:39
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Hi there. I wish I had some of the issues many here have!  I am in a rural location connected to a turbo hub so accessing the internet via the LTE network. My turbo hub has built in wifi capability but I have kept it turned off. My deco hardware says I am getting about 11 Mbps download and 5 upload which is actually usable for me. However, when I do a speedtest from my Phone X, I only get 1.3 down and 0.15 up!  I tried turning on wifi on  my turbo hub and get close to the speeds my deco router tells me from its built in speed test. I get around 9 down and 4 up if I test my iPhone directly on the LTE network. I have rebooted everything several times and have tried connecting to different ports on my turbo hub to connect my Deco. No luck. I have two decos to create a home network and they are different floors of a two story home separated by about 50' and one floor. Really need to make this work as I rely on this mesh network to work from home!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 much slower wifi than turbo hub
2020-08-07 12:04:35

@Bwm65 

I should add that I have been testing at the deco that is connected to my modem and am within 3' of it while testing. There is no other network in my home or close by so should be no interference. Wifi disabled in turbo hub while testing. 

Options
Re:Deco M9 much slower wifi than turbo hub
2020-08-07 18:16:51

@Bwm65 

Go into the QoS settings in the Deco app, and set the internet speeds for download and upload to 100 Mbps. If you have more the one Deco node, power those down and test on the main node.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 530

Replies: 2

Related Articles