Problem switching Deco X60 to Access Point Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-08 03:13:44 - last edited 2020-08-08 03:18:54
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I want to use my 3 Deco X60 units (purchased less than 2 months ago) in AP mode to avoid a couple of networking issues that arise in router mode. So I reverted to using my old router as the base router.

I first set them up in router mode. They are all daisychain hardwired to the old router. It works fine. Then, in the app, I switch the operating mode to Access Point. All 3 units reboot.

But the LEDs on each stay red steady for two while one is flashing red. Not sure why one is different and it is not the main unit. I waited up to 30 minutes.

The SSID is visible and devices can connect to it and access the internet. But the app can no longer reconnect. I talked to Support who couldn't figure it out and I am waiting on a "senior engineer" to contact me. I have tried it several times, resetting the units to default each time, even switching which one is base. At first I was doing it with only one unit and that didn't work. Support made me do all 3 in router mode first then switch. It didn't help.

Any idea what is going on?

Why aren't the units completing the reboot and showing a green LED when in AP mode?

Why can't the app reconnect to the system?

Thanks for any insight.

Pierre

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 934

Replies: 0