I need to turn a LAN port into WAN on Archer C5400X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-09 10:54:49
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20191223

Hello,

I need to turn a LAN port into WAN on Archer C5400X. When ISP has troble and sometimes internet collapse i am using a free wi-fi antenna to get free internet. But the router now is placed at very difficult to touch place. And it is very hard for me to unplug ISP cable from WAN and plug WI-Fi cable in WAN port!

I saw that old model TP-Link routers has an option to use LAN as WAN

https://www.tp-link.com/fr/support/faq/344/

I do not see my router to have such a settings, checked all menus in advanced tab and no "Virtual LAN ports" etc.

I am with latest firmware and i like this firmware. It has antivirus, firewall. I prefer to not use a custom firmware like Openwrt, DD-WRT...

Tried enabling WAN Aggregation, putting ISP cable in LAN1 port to try whether LAN1 will work as WAN, quote "When enabled LAN1 port will be transformed into additional WAN port. Connect your wired device to other LAN port if any." It looks that WAN aggregation is for other purposes, like connecting two ISP cables, because  LAN1 did not worked as WAN and gave me an error "WAN port is empty" after rebooting.

Please help me how to do this? If custom firmware is needed will it has antivirus and the same good performance. I never had custom firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1045

Replies: 0