Getting same network for wired and wireless using Fios

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-09 14:52:11
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

I've been reading the forums trying to find a solution to my issue but I'm not sure I am using the right terms. Here's my issue:

I have Verizon Fios connected to an M9. I also have 3 other ports on the Fios modem that are hard-wired to my computer, printer and NAS. I plugged my printer in to the M9 but the hardwired computer can't find it. I *think* the reason is that my computer IP Address is 192.168.1.xxx and my Deco devices and wifi and the printer are 192.168.68.xxx

I'd like everything to be on the same network but I have wired devices that are not wi-fi capable (printer, NAS, etc). I'm not sure what configuration I need but if pointed in the right direction, I think I can change what settings I need to in order to get it to work. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

As a side note, I'm very happy with the coverage of the M9 compared to just my Fios modem. Other than this, which I'm sure is a configuration choice, I've had no issues and the basic setup was very easy.

John

Options
2 Reply
Re:Getting same network for wired and wireless using Fios
2020-08-09 16:22:57

@jap3 are you having a problem? I have a similar set up in my house and the devices on the two different subnets can see each other and operate just fine. 

Ryan

Options
Re:Getting same network for wired and wireless using Fios
2020-08-09 17:03:59

@RyanEverhart789 

I think I found the solution, but I thought I could do it through a different setup. I need a switch to connect to the M9 in my office. From there I plug my devices into that switch. The M9 will assign the IP addresses through the switch and everything will be on the same network

The only port I'll use on the Fios router/modem, will be connected to the M9 in my office. The computer, printer and NAS will be connected to the switch. 

Fios---M9---Switch|---Computer

| ---NAS

| ---Printer

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1006

Replies: 2