Archer c4000 router is broadcasting but the blue light is blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-12 10:59:30

The blue  light on the left is continuosly blinking and every 15 seconds all the blue lights turn on for a second.  The cycle goes on and on

I think it might be because I have not been able to configure the router to my home network.  The router is using an unsecured xfinity generic option on my internet access list because my home network is not listed.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me to configure the router to broadcast my private home network

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer c4000 router is broadcasting but the blue light is blinking
2020-08-12 21:12:29

@idreos 

If the blue light is the power icon, then it sounds like the router is constantly rebooting.

Move the router to another outlet to see if it continues to reboot, and also make sure you are using the original power adapter for the router.

Options
2020-08-12 21:48:33
Tony thanks for your reply If the router is rebooting wouldn't that interfere with the signal to my laptop?
Options
2020-08-13 21:23:48

@idreos 

I am not too clear how the router is really connected. 

Typically you would connect an Ethernet cable from a modem or from a port that provides internet to the WAN port of the router. If the computer is connected to the router then the connection would be affected if the router is rebooted.

What icon is blinking on the router, and what are the rest of the icons doing?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1983

Replies: 3