Connection to Printer While on VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-12 19:25:03
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

All,

Question about connecting to my printer from my laptop.  I have two different networks in my house.  My AT&T router has a 192.168.1 subnet and my Deco M9 has 192.168.68 network.  So any of my devices connected WiFi are on the .68 subnet.   The issue that I am seeing is that I cannot print from my work computer (connected wifi) to my printer which is hardwired to my router (.1 subnet) while I am connected to my work VPN.   If I disconnect from VPN I can print just fine.   There is a setting on my VPN software that allows me to contact my LAN while connected to VPN.  This option is selected on.  

To test more I turned wifi back on from my ISP's router.  I verified I can print to my printer when connected to my ISP's router wifi (.1 subnet) while on or off VPN.  

Is there a setting on my DECO or my router that I need to change to allow communication between the two networks while on VPN?

Ryan

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection to Printer While on VPN
2020-08-12 23:03:52

@RyanEverhart789 

If you are not utilizing most of the router features of the Deco you can switch it to AP Mode which will make everything one network.

As far as the VPN program, if it is looking at the LAN subnet of the network is connected to already.

Would it be possible to hardwire your computer to one of the Deco nodes, then configure the wireless connection where you just assign a static IP, and subnet, with no gateway? That way you could be connected to both networks, and in telling the VPN to print via LAN use the Wi-Fi connection. Sounds kinda wonky, but thinking of ways to try and tackle it.

As far as the Deco I don't see what could help. I could be wrong though.

Options
Re:Connection to Printer While on VPN
2020-08-13 00:08:48

@Tony thank you, hardwiring the laptop is a good idea.  Thank you for the quick reply. 

Ryan. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1618

Replies: 2