Archer c5400V2 Network Traffic Statitics - something better please?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-13 11:01:04
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20191204 rel.63911(5553)

Hi Team, wanting to monitor my network utilisation of my internet connection to see real-time traffic stats of my wired and wireless clients.

Been using software such as Glasswire to monitor my wired connection, but obviously wireless clients can only be monitored by the router.

I was a little dissapointed to see the lack of functionality around bandwirth monitoring in the C5400v2 admin portal compared to say the C5400x. There is a fairly simple table in the C5400 admin -> traffic stats but much greater detail inlcuding graphs plotting data usage on the C5400X.

Am i able to use the C5400X firmware on the C5400v2? Is there an alternative method given no DD-WRT firmware has been authored for this model?

Appreciate the help.

Stellios

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer c5400V2 Network Traffic Statitics - something better please?
2020-08-13 16:00:19

@stellm 

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass that along to our devs.

Unfortunately, you are not able to mix firmware. The firmware for our routers are very specific to the region (US/UK/etc.) and hardware version. So even if you have the firmware for the router, simply having the firmware for a different hardware version would be bad. 

I can't speak on DD-WRT given how its a third party, but if anything do as much research to find a solution that in the end works in your situation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 1

Related Articles