CPE210 for very short distance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-14 14:36:58
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have two CPE210's that I bought for a longer range temporary application, and now I'm planning on mounting them permenantly in a short range application.  The distance is about 50ft between two buildings that I can't run a cable between.  Is this going to be a problem with such a short distance since they are designed for much longer distances?  What settings shoudl I change on the devices to account for this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE210 for very short distance
2020-08-14 18:07:54

@idealtrucks 

The distance should not affect them. Only if they were placed in an area where there is now a building in the way.

Similar to installing security cameras I would recommend temporarily mounting them in case they do not work for whatever reason.

Options
2020-08-14 19:03:05

@idealtrucks What should power settings be for such a distance?  Just trial and error? 

Options
2020-08-14 22:45:51

@idealtrucks 

The manual for the CPE210 states:

"In most scenarios, it is unnecessary to select the maximum transmit power. Selecting larger transmit power than your need may cause interference to the neighborhood. Also, it consumes more power and will reduce the longevity of the device. Select appropriate transmit power to achieve the best performance. You can use the Speed Test tool to find the best performance"

In referencing that, I'd probably start on the low end, perform a speed test, then move the slider to the middle and test that, and gauge from there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1090

Replies: 3

Related Articles