After firmware update my Deco M9 Plus V1 system is extremely slow and with speeds in kbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

After firmware update my Deco M9 Plus V1 system is extremely slow and with speeds in kbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-14 17:43:47
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 build20200324

Hi Team,

I have updated my firmware yesterday and after that my internet is extremely slow. My download speeds are in kbps and uploads in 0.5 Mbps.

I have done a hard reset on each deco and set up a new wifi network as if it's new Deco and for about 4 hours things seemed to work fine but after that, I am back to the same misery.

I have set my QOS to 800 and 400 respectively and still no luck.

Prior to yesterday, I had no issues with at all. Is there any way I can go back to previous firmware? I am using V1 of Deco M9 Plus with one main deco and 2 satellites.

Any help will be really appreciated? With schools started its really painful to have all of us work on hotspots :-(

As I am typing this message I have 2.33mbps download and 65 kbps upload. If there is a way I can do back to previous firware or how to do factory reset please let me know the steps and will be very helpful given the situation.

Thanks,

Sunil.Maddi

Options
1 Reply
Re:After firmware update my Deco M9 Plus V1 system is extremely slow and with speeds in kbps
2020-08-14 18:35:26

@Sunil_Maddi 

Swap the Deco units and also swap the Ethernet cable the main Deco is using to the modem. If you still experience slow speeds, disconnect the Deco unit and connected directly to the modem for an extender period of time and monitor the speeds to make sure the modem is not slowing down.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1317

Replies: 1