After today's firmware upgrade, wired devices no longer connect to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-15 01:44:55
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 20200725 Rel. 63377

I ran a firmware upgrade today and now none of my wired devices connect to the Main Deco.  I upgraded firmware today based on notification from app and it automatically selected the firmware version. I did not download from website.  We also had a 10 minute power outtage earlier in the day.

I have 3 Version 1 M5s that I have had for over 6 months and added 2 more this week that are version 3.  All but the Garage were ethernet backhauled thru my wired home network.  My Main Deco has one ethernet cable to my AT&T modem and a second to a switch that in turn distributes thru my entire wired network.  Now, all of the others connect to Main Deco thru Wifi even though they are all still hardwired into my home network.

I found a thread on Home Assistant forum that seems to describe my situation in that the Main Deco doesn't know which ethernet port is WAN and which is LAN.  He talked to tech support and they told him some code to enter but the OP didn't bother sharing that code.  Unfortunately, this system won't allow me to share external links.

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:After today's firmware upgrade, wired devices no longer connect to router
2020-08-17 21:55:33

@stephenn5788 

Not sure about the "code"?

In any case, what is known to happen is if the internet on the Deco cuts out (modem blows up). The Deco will then not know what do really do or what is now the WAN so there is confusion, that is why all wired devices lose connectivity. Especially if you are reliant on an Ethernet backhaul.

All that needs to be done is to first disconnect the second Ethernet connection to the Deco. Have your Deco wired to the modem, and reboot your modem. When the modem comes back up the Deco should turn green, verify you have internet on your Deco app, and then just connect the other Ethernet cable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 1