Archer AX50 AP mode & Link Aggregation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-18 19:38:20
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 Build 20200708

When I flip the router into AP mode I loose the ability to do Link Aggregation. 

Is there a way to be in AP mode and have Link Aggregation work? Seems like this should still be avaialbe somehow.

Thanks,

CG

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 AP mode & Link Aggregation
2020-08-19 21:34:26

@CMG 

When switching to AP Mode, losing router features does happen including Link Aggregation.

Options
2020-08-19 21:42:02

@Tony 

I understand loosing some features regarding the routing part by switching to AP mode, but switches support link aggregation which has nothing to do with being a router.

Will there be a fix for this?

If not, half the reason I purchaced this is the documentation stated it had link aggregation, but did not state you would loose this functionality in AP mode.

If there is no plan to fix this oversight I will probably have to return the device as it is of minimal use to me without this active in AP mode.

Options
2020-09-02 04:28:41

@CMG 

How about the link aggregation (staic) what you use in router mode ?

can you connect Lan3&Lan4 to managed switch hub (when set to static - passive) ?

I try to test 3 situaction for link aggegation .

(1). just link Lan3 or Lan4 to switch hub

I got very  bad transfer performace about 20mb/s ~ 30mb/s (NB connect to wifi)

(2). link Lan3 and Lan4 to switch 

I can ping switch hub and the other fixed ip (no dhcp)  and lost packets a lot, but I can't ping another PC (use DHCP)...

(3). I link Lan 3 & Lan4 to QNAP NAS 

the Link aggregation performace is also bad just has 30mb/s ~ 50mb/s

I think this functionality is a trash & garbage ... 

it's tasteless to eat but waste to throw away

Sigh......TPLink .. I have 4 kinds of the product..... every each experience is very bad ...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1898

Replies: 3