HS220 works only on Kasa app, Google Home app and Google voice commands. Doesnt work on wall switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS220 works only on Kasa app, Google Home app and Google voice commands. Doesnt work on wall switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-20 03:48:50
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.11

I installed 2 HS220 dimmers. 1st one works flawlessly in kitchen. Able to control kitchen switch with voice, app and the physical switch, no issues at all. 

The 2nd one in bedroom has issues. It works only on Kasa app, Google home app and google assistant voice control. Does not turn on or off on the wall switch. The dimmer buttons on wall switch works once the lights are switched on using app/voice. Is this an issue with switch or wiring? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS220 works only on Kasa app, Google Home app and Google voice commands. Doesnt work on wall switch
2020-08-20 18:20:13

@minn2020 

To me, it sounds like something is wrong in the hardware. The physical switch should still work even if the Wi-Fi connection was down.

You could swap locations of the switch if you would like to verify that the problem follows the switch.

Options
Re:HS220 works only on Kasa app, Google Home app and Google voice commands. Doesnt work on wall switch
2020-08-20 18:48:25

@Tony thanks for your reply. I will try that out. Its a pain to disconnect the wires as it is very tight inside the switch box. 

Options