Archer C4000 dropped connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-20 18:00:15
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 build 2019027 rel. 78773

Hi

I purchased the C4000 in October of last year and it has performed well up until recently.  I am now getting periodic connection drops.  I am not a network guy so not sure if it is the router, modem or ISP.  I did look at my modem log and I do see a number of entries as follows:

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Ranging Request Retries exhausted

Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted

Cable Modem Reboot due to T4 timeout

I did do a Google search and I am thinking it may be an ISP issue and not router related, but would appreciate any guidance from folks more knowledgeable than me.  I don't want to start replacing hardware, modem or router, if not required.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C4000 dropped connection
2020-08-20 21:26:20

@MikeCrane 

Knowing you have T3 errors helps in finally determining the cause so it could be or be the router. Since you have that info start with the ISP, let them now you get random connection drops, and you need those cleared up.

If the ISP does what they can and the errors clear up then its now the router in question. Another thing you can do is if you happen to have another spare router, connect that for a week to monitor the connection to see if the issue is still happening.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 1

Related Articles