C60 orange internet light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-23 16:30:34
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Last night our power went out and this morning I can't get the C60 router to connect to the internet.  We have a modem bringing in the DSL signal to the house in the basement, then the C60 connected by ethernet cable, as well as another router connected by ethernet, located upstairs.  I can get internet signal through the modem, as well as the upstairs router, but not the C60.  I've tried different cables and ports (including those used for the working upstairs router) and still get the orange light with no internet.  I've rebooted, and done a factory reset, then resetup the modem, still nothing.  How do I fix this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:C60 orange internet light
2020-08-24 20:45:46

@christien 

Use this guide as a reference: link

The orange light means the router sees a connection on the WAN port but there is no internet. You need to find out what the router is telling you in the status page and use the link above to go from there.

Options
Re:C60 orange internet light
2021-02-22 19:38:55

@christien The solution that worked for me was to open your internet browser (I opened chrome) and in the url type: http://192.168.0.1/ (this will work even with no internet).

The page you will be presented with will be a login screen for tp link. Login with your tp link password (on the back of your router or it might be a new password if you have already changed it). When I was signed in, I noticed the internet symbol had a yellow exlacamation mark (!) to indicate that my internet had not been connected yet.

To fix this I had to open the section "TP Cloud Link" and sign in with my TP account. If you haven't already created an account create one now and sign in. Then when it connected it took a while to load it up but when done my light turned green and the screen said "enjoy your internet".

Cheers,

Jamie

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3427

Replies: 2

Related Articles