Best practices for restarting 3-piece Deco M9 plus router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-23 17:25:50
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Deco seems to be rosust enough that I've noticed no issues after at least 2 very brief power outages since I've set it up 2 months ago. The master node is on UPS but not the slave ones.

My questions are:

1) Is there any need to reboot them once in a long while like monthly? If so, is there a way to schedule this in the admin tool?

2) Will there be a disruption to the internet access if I reboot the master node? Is there a sequence that I should follow if I need to reboot all three?

I hope the answers are that I can do it anyway I want and it will always come back to its normal state but thought to double check with you more knowledgable people. THANKS!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Best practices for restarting 3-piece Deco M9 plus router
2020-08-24 21:39:12

@BenLin 

1. I do not believe you need to, possibly if you are starting to notice a slowdown on the network. There is not a schedule for auto reboot.

2. Yes, the main node is what distributes the IP address to the satellite nodes and client devices. Even in AP Mode, if you reboot the main node the satellite nodes should reboot too.

Options
2020-08-25 02:14:06

@Tony 

Cool, this is more or less my guess as well.Thanks for the quick reply.

Thought of another couple questions more or less just to clarify things and satisty my curiosity. Nice to have a great resource like you to answer these questions. Have a good night!

Options
2020-08-25 18:31:51

@BenLin 

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 666

Replies: 3