Losing power causes the router to reset to factory default setting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-24 23:53:17
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 0.9.1 v1000.0 Build 190305 Rel.62969n

I live in an area where the power can flicker on and off nearly everyday during certain seasons of the year.  When this happens the router resets to factory condition and I have to go into the http://tplinkwifi.net/ website on my hard-wired computer and set the router up again as if it's the first time it's being used.  I lose all of the previous settings and in the process lose all of the wifi devices since they are searching for the customized wifi names and passwords.  How do I stop this from happening everytime the router loses power and starts back up?

SharonB

Options
2 Reply
Re:Losing power causes the router to reset to factory default setting
2020-08-25 00:00:01

@srb42 

I can see from previous posts that there is no clear resolution to this issue.  I guess I need to replace the router with a different brand even though I bought this one only a few months ago.

Options
Re:Losing power causes the router to reset to factory default setting
2020-08-25 15:25:02

@srb42 

Regardless of whatever brand you end up going with, I would get a backup UPS. If you have constant outages you run the chance of frying the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1005

Replies: 2

Related Articles