M5 will not connect; Error Code: Unable to connect to the Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 03:14:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.15

Hello, this is my first time using a mesh system.  I've gone through the setup on my Nighthawk modem.  I keep running into the same issue despite changing out my decos.  I am at  the final part of connecting my phone to the wifi, and I see the deco turn a solid red.  I then receive the error code noted in my subject line.  I confirmed with my ISP that the connection is fine and that I'm on a single port.  Any help any of you could suggest?

Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 will not connect; Error Code: Unable to connect to the Internet
2020-08-25 16:17:12 - last edited 2020-08-25 16:17:52

@imaluckyjuan 

Modem probably is not recognizing the new router (assuming it is just a modem and not a router). Leave the Deco powered on, and alone. Only disconnect the power to the model itself for a couple of minutes, then power it back on. When the modem boots ups it should recognize the Deco, and the LED should change from red. If the Deco remains red, contact the ISP and tell them to reset the MAC binding.

When a modem boots up it will recognize one device and "latch" onto the MAC address. Rebooting generally resolves it, but if not you may need the ISP to nudge it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467

Replies: 1