M9 Plus only giving devices expected bandwidth during speed tests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 19:29:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

Hi everyone,

I recently installed the Deco m9 plus 3-piece mesh system. While the coverage is great, I have had consistent issues with the amount of bandwidth provided to my devices.

My ISP provides 100 Mbps connection, and when I run a speed test from the app (wireless from anywhere) or from a computer wired into any of the satellite or main m9 units, I get values that I'd expect; 60-90 Mbps upload/download depending on whether I'm wired in or wireless. But this isn't representative at all of the experiences on my devices.

In typical use, only 6-10 devices are connected. Yet, each device only gets 0 kbps - 0.1 Mbps download or upload, regardless of priority or QoS settings with the devices. Again, note that while running a speed test from these devices, I get at least a couple dozen Mbps. This has led to issues of continuous buffering on videos at 360 p quality (whereas earlier 4K UHD was no issue), significant lag on VPN-driven work-from-home tech, and has overall made the network difficult to use for anything beyond basic searching and work on the internet.

In attempts to fix this, I have tried disabling the 2.4 GHz band, manually telling the app the available bandwidth is 1 Gbps (to try and make the software more willing to distribute bandwidth), to no avail.

How can I get the M9 units to use more of the available network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 0

Related Articles