TL-SG105 fails to pass through to WRT54G

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 23:50:30
Model: TL-SG105  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I just got a TL-SG105 to try and add some additional wired device where I already had 1 cable ran. It is connected to a Netgear WRT54G in gateway mode. The Router has a slow blink light on the port that the switch is connected to but the switch never gets any activity lites on the port the Netgear connects to. The other devices (PC) can see each other through the switch and the same cable works to connect a PC straight the the router. What am I doing wrong here? My best guess here is that the router is trying to give a DHCP address to the switch but it can't because it isn't a smart switch. Is the router too old to use a dumb switch or is there some setting I need to turn on? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG105 fails to pass through to WRT54G
2020-08-26 17:43:54

@NothingNobody 

Are you able to ping the IP of the router? If you can communicate with others then you have a static IP for all?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 680

Replies: 1

Related Articles