Can I set up Deco as Wired Access Points & still use my existing WiFi gateway all on same username?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I set up Deco as Wired Access Points & still use my existing WiFi gateway all on same username?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 19:51:30

Hi,

Looking at the W2400 set up as Wired AP but would also like to keep my gateway Nightawk up and running as well.  If I use the W2400 as Wired Access Points, will they use the same name/password as my Nighthawk and integrate seamlessly?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I set up Deco as Wired Access Points & still use my existing WiFi gateway all on same username?
2020-08-26 20:28:04

@mrod500 

You can set up the Deco as an access point with a wired connection. You will be able to use the same network name and password. 

In the end, you will have two networks even if you see one network name. The nighthawk and the Deco mesh. How the devices connect between the two will be up to the device itself. On the Deco mesh network, it can assist in moving your device to the best node, but it can't tell it to move to a different device that is non-mesh.

Options
Re:Can I set up Deco as Wired Access Points & still use my existing WiFi gateway all on same username?
2020-08-26 21:01:29

@Tony Thank you.

Options