Can’t connect to EAP for setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 00:28:34
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Unknown

Like it says on the tin, bought three new eap225s. first one went green, showed both ssids, but couldn't connect to them to setup. Tried two iPhones and the web app, no dice. Grabbed the second one, same deal. Using netgear gs108pp Poe switch which is new as well, purpose bought for running all three. Linksys router and cable modem connected to new switch with no issues. I did try direct connect to switch with brand new patch cable. Lastly, I brought #1 AP home, as this is a setup for my mom, and the cheeky little bugger worked just fine. I configured it and will be sending it back in the morning, but wondered wtf could have caused the issue on her network? I did use the included Poe adapter at home as I don't have a Poe switch. I have the last Apple router and a linksys unmanaged 16 port switch.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can’t connect to EAP for setup
2020-08-27 16:40:50

@Helst0rm 

At the install site did you bypass the switch to the router to see if that worked?

The PoE supports af and at as the EAP so that should be fine. On the Netgear switch are you able to determine which PoE protocol it uses or manually set it?

Options
Re:Can’t connect to EAP for setup
2020-08-27 18:38:31

@Tony according to the manual, it's auto sensing. No physical switch to determine anyway. The AP didn't serve traffic once configured, so it must be a router issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 888

Replies: 2

Related Articles