Bad router, bad warranty. bad customer service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-29 18:01:05 - last edited 2020-08-29 18:03:54
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just bought a TP-Link AX1800 which completely stopped working after less than a week.  It took me most of a day, multiple phone calls and multiple emails to get a replacement authorized.  It's now been a week and TP-Link has yet to start shipment of the refurbished unit that I have to pay $14.99 for.  (That's a  shipment method that's supposed to take a week.  I know I could have paid for for faster shipping.)  So the best that they'll do is to replace the unit in 2 weeks (or more).  This is worse than a bad out of the box unit since presumably the retailer would have replaced that with another new one in something less than 2 weeks.

• - $14.99,
  • - 2+ weeks wait,
  • - getting a "refurbished" unit for a new one less than a week old, and
  • - more than a day dealing with idiots with limited comprehension of English.  

That what I got for buying TP-Link ... never again.  sad

That's why I'm grumpy,   angry  spent 30+ in IT that's why I'm old.

Hardware and firmware versions are unknown the router is a brick with one functioning LED.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 502

Replies: 0

Related Articles