Deco X60 and home network storage recommendations (Ethernet or wireless)?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-03 06:14:41
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20200709 Rel. 46606

Hi all,

Just switched from an AX6000, to a Deco X60 for better coverage.

However, now I can't connect my Seagate External hard drive which has a USB 3.0 connection only.   The Deco X60 only has an ethernet connection available.

This external drive is only used for file/photo/videos backup.  No gaming, no streaming.

Looking for a drive that's accesible from multiple devices on our home network.

Would prefer an ethernet connection for the external drive (plug into the X60 directly), but WiFi/wireless would be fine as well.

Looking for something in the 2 TB (minimum) to around 4 or 5 TB (max) size.

Something that isn't really large, as in...the size of a small PC tower (ex. a multi-bay NAS).  I've gotten used to a slimer EHD such as Seagates STHP4000401 sitting on a side table in the office next to the router, so I'd like to keep it around this size for space and weight considerations.

Seems like most options I've found so far are either the bigger NAS set ups, or the slimmer options are more for travel size (500mb - 1 TB).

Any recommendations for an ethernet conected 2-4 TB external drive?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X60 and home network storage recommendations (Ethernet or wireless)?
2020-09-03 23:26:48 - last edited 2020-09-03 23:28:37

@we5inelgr Update:  After more research, I decided to go with a NAS after-all.  I thought they would be too big and heavy, but clearly there are options out there that are smaller these days.

Went with a Synology NAS DiskStation DS220j (Diskless), 2-bay; with two Seagate IronWolf's NAS ready HDD.

The NAS (w/o the drives) is only 3.3 pounds and measures 8.86 x 3.94 x 6.5 inches.

I'll plug the ethernet connection for the NAS, right into the main X60.

Very much looking forward to having a "proper," more secure home file backup/sharing system.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2414

Replies: 1

Related Articles