Prevent users from cirumventing DNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-03 22:28:16
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20200216 rel.72186(5553)

Hello,

I think some of my users are setting their own DNS on their local machine and thereby bypassing the AX11000's set DNS servers which point to OpenDNS. I'm trying to follow instructions (albiet generic) for setting rules within the firewall for forcing all DNS requests to route a certain path, but cannot locate the functionality within the AX11000 to do this. I previusly had a ASUS router in which this was much more intuitive.

https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/227988027-How-to-prevent-users-from-circumventing-OpenDNS-using-firewall-rules

Does the functionality exist within the router for this? If so, how can I set it up by these instructions?

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Prevent users from cirumventing DNS
2020-09-04 20:46:11

@catboy 

The router does not have the firewall rule you are looking for. However, the HomeCare feature is able to prevent access to various categories that you would otherwise want to block in the parental controls:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 1