Deco P9 with ATT NVG599 Gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-04 22:49:52 - last edited 2023-09-15 22:47:43

I am using a Deco P9 behind an ATT Gateway Arris NVG599. I used the instrtuctions from ATT Forum with the information from IP Passthrough under Motorola NVG 510 and 589. I used the DHCPS-fixed option using the MAC of the base unit of Deco P9.

After restarting everything, it all works except the wireless U-verse receiver which is not listed in the Deco Device List on the app nor is it on the Device list on the Gateway. When I turn on the TV through the ATT receiver I get about 3 seconds of cable TV then it stalls and I go to U-Verse signal has been lost message on the TV. The smart TV itself is connected and I get Netflix, etc. fine.

I set up the system fine earlier with what I thought were the same Gateway settings and all worked fine - the TV requested that WPS be on, I did that using the app and the Deco unit serving the area. Unfortunately, I put the base unit in a physically insecure location, it got completely unplugged and then the culprit just plugged in some cables. I was unaware of this so I ended up completely removing the Deco system, resetting the Gateway to factory settings and started over again with the result stated.

Can anyone help with the correct settings?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 with ATT NVG599 Gateway-Solution
2020-09-06 04:11:54 - last edited 2023-09-15 22:47:43

@ibDecoP9 I just set up a deco m9 on another Att router/gateway today and just turned off the wifi no the att unit. I did not change the passthur setting maybe this would work. So far my system is working and the wifi is being handled by the deco.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 with ATT NVG599 Gateway-Solution
2020-09-06 04:11:54 - last edited 2023-09-15 22:47:43

@ibDecoP9 I just set up a deco m9 on another Att router/gateway today and just turned off the wifi no the att unit. I did not change the passthur setting maybe this would work. So far my system is working and the wifi is being handled by the deco.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 1