Deco M5 and pre-existing WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-06 13:01:03

Hello..  I have a pre-existing WiFi in my office.  I decided to replace it with a AC1400 Deco M5 Mesh.  I kept the SSID and password the same.  Some of my devices connect while others do not.  The biggest issue is the Insteon (Foscam) WiFi Cameras.  I have tried changing the IP allowable range to match the old WiFi but they will not connect still.  The moment I put back the old WiFi, everything works.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is it a security setting?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and pre-existing WiFi
2020-09-07 19:52:37

@Ralphie Good News..  I kind of followed the advice from the other thread.  I setup the Deco in AP mode, created a new SSID/password and was able to move everything but my 3 Insteon (Foscam) cameras.  Has anyone done this?  Any advice?

Options
2020-09-08 17:35:41

@Ralphie 

If you enable the guest network, create a different name and password does that connect?

Options
2020-09-08 17:38:28

@Tony No it did not.. I have everything connected to a new SSID/Password except for three Insteon (Foscam) cameras.  Any ideas for those?

Thanks in advance

Options
2020-09-19 00:12:31

@Ralphie  I got two of the Insteon (Foscam) cameras working.  Instead of typing in the SSID, I clicked on the one I wanted in the camera configuration tool.  I should have the switch by Monday, hopefully, and then can switch the Deco from AP mode to Rouer and remove my old router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 4