Archer c7 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c7 setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer c7 setup
Archer c7 setup
2020-09-06 21:35:36
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Admittedly I know nothing about how to connect a router in the first place, but I need one for my dorm room because my classes start in two days. I bought the Archer c7 because it was the cheapest one at target, and so far I've followed every instruction, but when I try to connect my phone via the tether app, the connection keeps going in and out, and when it stays and I try to make a password for a local account, the app doesn't do anything, it just loads and goes back to the same screen. I've rebooted everything a dozen times and I simply don't know what to do. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer c7 setup
2020-09-08 18:06:29

@Hughes 

Ignore the app, for now, use an internet browser instead to log into the router. The Tether app is not required.

Here is a guide that will show you how: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1523/

In going back to the app, make sure your phone is not running any VPN software and is connected to the Wi-Fi of the C7.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 1

Related Articles