Frustrated Trying to Create A Wireless Bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-11 16:38:43
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying (in vain) to create a wireless network bridge between two C7 routers (A v3 and a V5). I recently bought a security system consiting of wired PoE security cameras and an Network Video Recorder (NVR). Unfortunately, the NVR can only connect to the system via an ethernet connection (not wireless) and it's mounting location is about the spot/room in the house without a wired ethernet port (go figure). 

Since I had an old Archer C7 V3 (two actucally) I figured I could simply set up a wireless bridge between the main router (archer C7 v5) and the V3. How I was mistaken. Getting this to work correctly has been anything but simple,  I can establish the bridge and connect the second router to the internet via the ethernet connection. However, when I do so, it knocks all of my wireless  devices in close proximity to the 2nd router.  This includes all my home automation devices and virtual assistants. My wired devices stay connected. 

I have repeated the process numerous times in a variety of ways. I have done a basic wireless bridge. I have tired turning off the 2nd router broadcasting it's SSID. I have tried calling the wireless network on the 2nd router a different name. I was on chat with tech support for over an hour yesterday and they didn't help at all. I am beyond frustrated at this point and figured I reach out to the forums for a little help. 

I have attached a basic schematic of what I'd like to do below. I'm open to any solution that can make it work, but would most like to have a 2nd router as a range extender. As a last resort I could run Cat5/6 cable from the new router location to the primary router, but after running Cat5 cable for the security cams, I would rather not do that. 

Thanks in advance for any and all advice helping me with this project.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Frustrated Trying to Create A Wireless Bridge
2020-09-13 10:17:11

I got it working. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 1